Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Once upon a time...




We were a gang of six girls in college. In that I was pretty close to one. We were together in hostel for some months, and then she was staying at my house, and even when she moved out, our daily trips to college was also together. So we were really close and could say I did tell everything to her. But after 3years I called off that divine friendship coz I couldn’t tolerate some of her acts. She did almost everything to get back, but I was so damn adamant. I just couldn’t accept anything. Even her tears couldn’t melt my heart. You know, I am a cold hearted person if I want.  And for almost one year I didn’t even look at her face inspite of being in the same class. I would just ignore her as if she didn’t even exist. And after that I did start talking to her, just formal talks, as if she was just an acquaintance. Even now she tries to bring back our relation as it was in the past. Maybe she didn't meant to hurt me and I know we all make mistakes. But still I don’t regret for the way I acted then. But if I was in her position, I won’t be this humble and apologizing even if it’s my fault. I wish, I could get that virtue of hers.

Today is her birthday. And I remembered only when I saw the FB notification. And there was a time when I took days to plan her surprise birthday party and when I religiously called her at 12 am sharp to wish her and today it was just single line in FB. Guess, this is the pattern of life. You have soo much of people in your life and coz of certain reasons, distance, misunderstandings you drift apart from each other. You just lose each one or the other. Today this person will be the most important one for you, and tomorrow someone else will be in their place. Nothing seems to be permanent and no one seems to have a permanent position or priority in each other’s life.

Life just moves on like a train ride. We get on. We ride. We get off. There are soo many who board the train and who eventually become very important to us. Some people on the train will leave an everlasting impression when they get off. Some will get on and get off the train so quickly, they will scarcely leave a sign they ever travelled along with you or ever crossed your path. We will sometimes be upset that some passengers, whom we love, will choose to sit in another compartment and leave us to travel on our own.

Happy birthday to her and thank you for being a co-passenger in my journey!

 

P.S. Wish I could forgive and also forget.

God Blez.



 

No comments :

Post a Comment