Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Blessed.



She wondered what was going in Mia's head? Even when near she felt faraway in her own world. In that world of hers what's happening? Is it different from ours? Or is it a child's dream land? 

Right from childhood Mia showed interest in music. She would be in a state of bliss when they played any melodies. Her mother thought maybe her child was musically gifted. But little did she know that even when Mia could hear everything around her, she would never able to utter a word and her brain had stopped developing when she was in her womb itself. And that shattered her world. 

But after all these years, the truth got registered in her. And now despite the odds, seeing her child completely immersed in music with a beautiful smile she felt blessed.






               I am taking part in Second Write Tribe Festival of Words 8th-14th December 2013. 
                                                           The theme for the day is Music. 





21 comments :

  1. Girl, you're incorporating those prompts brilliantly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday I played flute and my friends played harp for people with Alzheimers. It's so true that music can touch people who are different and touch something deep inside them. I like your take on the Music prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely story! Glad she made with the situation and is enjoying it now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree....parents sometimes cannot relate to the music their children like....or....when their child decides that they want to pursue it for a living...there seems to be something lofty about it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply brilliant. I am speechless:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's beautifully put. How hard must it be for a parent to not be able to guess what was going on in their child's head. Caring for special children is such a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mia is blessed for she is musically inclined. good take on the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow , brilliant one ! i know how it feels to be musically inclined soul.. so heart-felt .. Do you play any musical instrument ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to play Piano ,,,, but now ... no more :(

      Delete
  9. I was expecting it to continue, but none the less it was a wonderful take on the prompt. There are many who respond to music only.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Touching I must say. Lovely post Sheetal.

    By the way I have tagged you in my post @ http://geetasfile.blogspot.in/2013/12/the-stubble.html

    Hope you accept my tag.Please do take a look and find time to respond by writing a post. Please do let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  11. aawww...this was beautiful yet heart rendering, sheethal

    loved your take, girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Sheethal this touched me....Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. absolutely touching..sad yet a hope glows!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an amazing blessing in this story! Loved this one♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a touching beautiful story. It made me feel all warm and toasty inside. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Touching post. It reminded me of my own cousin, who is a child with special needs, but does respond to music pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. And music filled her life where words would have perhaps shattered things... no?

    Richa

    ReplyDelete