Friday, April 17, 2015

Oma ...


Dear Teacher,

When you first came to class, you wouldn’t even have noticed me. I was so silent and withdrawn from others. I was scared even to talk to others. But you noticed me, and in a few days you made others realize that I was also part of the same class. Gradually you gave me strength to stand straight in front of others. You gave me confidence and the ability to see myself.

If it weren’t for you, maybe even now I would have been still that silent, withdrawn, child who closed all the windows in his heart and never let even a ray of light to pass through. When you entered that classroom that day, you changed my life. You changed me. You made me who I am today. Now, I am a mentor for so many young minds. And I try my best to teach them whatever you taught me in life.

Thank you Oma teacher. Like your name says, you truly are a Life-Giver.


Your Student, Forever.  

***
P.S. Oma - Life Giver.



Linking this to




9 comments :

  1. A great tribute for a teacher who cared!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome story. I saw your blog on A2Z challenge. Interesting 'scribblings'! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some teachers are truly that- Life-givers. Blessed to have known many of those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sucha sweet letter :)
    Teachers don't realize how much power they hold in their hands... they can make (and break) people :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful and heart felt tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. People who reach out and touch lives are so very much needed in our world. May Oma Teacher's tribe increase :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to such teachers who sees not only the bright kids but those children who can use the help of an efficient teacher too! Nicely done, Sheethal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's how teachers touch life.Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete